I surpassed my five and dime totals from 2010 and met my prediction that Thunderstone would make my nickel list in 2011. Here is the breakdown:
Dimes (games played 10 or more times)
- Magic: the Gathering -- thanks to a few tournaments I ran plus some long sessions with Matthew over winter break, I played Magic at least 30 times in 2011.
- A Game of Thrones: The Card Game -- my new favorite collectible / living card game.
Nickels (games played 5 or more times)
- 18xx -- In 2011 I played 1865 Sardinia (twice), 1846, 18AL, and Steam Over Holland.
- 7 Wonders -- almost made my dime list with 9 plays.
- Castle Ravenloft -- lots of play early in the year. Looking forward to going through the Drizzt game with my family.
- Innovation -- first played at BGG.CON, this game saw many plays towards the end of the year.
- Lord of the Rings Card Game -- great living card game that needs more play, especially now that I have enough expansion cards to do some deck building.
- Thunderstone -- Still enjoying this one, lately playing the Facebook app which is very well done.
If I counted online games, Ascension would be on my dime list. Sure to be on my nickel or dime list in 2012 is Risk Legacy, my top game from 2011. Hoping to continue my campaign with the boys this weekend.