Reliable Flop Shots
- Three ways to add loft:
- Twist the face open
- Move the handle back (shaft away from target)
- Lower the hands
- He likes to move shaft back a bit, open face
- Feet close together
- Ball position slightly forward of center
- Get closer to the ball to get more toe interaction, less heel interaction
- Loose grip pressure - 4-5/10
- Have to take a long backswing (arms parallel to ground to higher)
- Some hinge in the lead wrist – “cupped and extended”
- Want to feel like club-head is getting further away from you, and wrist is extending, as you start the downswing
- Club-head will get ahead of the hands
- At address, you can see two knuckles on lead hand
- At backswing four knuckles
- At release three knuckles
- If you can’t see knuckles you are shutting the club-face
- Try with lead arm only, keep body quiet until you are finishing the swing toward the target
- Tempo should feel slow
https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Reliable+Flop/01+Intro.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Reliable+Flop/02+Setup.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Reliable+Flop/03+Backswing.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Reliable+Flop/04+Release.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Reliable+Flop/05+Full+Sequence.mp4
05 Full Sequence.mp4
Risky Flop Shots
Why a riskier flop shot? Changing things at setup and with intention, Only pull these out if you must get higher and land softer.
- Get further away from the ball, dropping the shaft even lower. Problem is that you get the heel much more engaged with the turf.
- Slightly more knee flex, wider stance
- Stronger hold on the grip
- Ball still slightly forward of center
- In reliable flop we were gliding the club, in this one we’ll have more turf interaction so we need bigger backswing, faster release.
- Very similar to reliable flop
- Key difference is firmer pressure, faster backswing, want an intention of throwing it with more aggression
- Want to feel like the club-head will get way ahead of the hands. Trying to hit it to the moon.
- More speed
- Sitting down, especially.
- Can’t square the face, can’t put handle forward
- Face way open as the grass will grab and close via the hosel
- More steep angle of attack, similar to bunker shot
https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/01+Introduction.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/02+Setup.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/03+Backswing.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/04+Release.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/05+Final+Sequence.mp4 https://static.chrisbrooks.org/3.+Resources/Short+Game+Chef/Risky+Flop/06+Rough+Flop.mp4