Jacob, grandpa Jerry, and Matthew after celebrating the life of Lois
Skipped a few weeks so there’s a bit more than usual this time.
What and Where I’m Drinking
Overall I’m not drinking much at all – 1 or 2 nights a week at the most, and I feel better for it. I’m two weeks into an intense weight training program and trying to reduce my body fat percentage from about 15% to 8%. Wish me luck.
- Tried the beers Flower In the Kettle and Oathbreaker at Wayfinder Beer, one of my new favorite spots in downtown Portland. Close to Guardian Games and a solid menu.
- Tried the beer Altbier at Verde Cocina Café, with beer being the highlight (16 oz can!). Food was bland.
What I’m Playing
- Matthew was home for about 32 hours total and Julie and I played Small World with him. Big hit and fit into about a 2 hour window.
- We also played Ninety-Nine while at the aforementioned Wayfinder Bar.
- Julie and I dropped by our friend Chuck’s game night to play Honshu. Lite, city building fun.
What I’m Reading
What I’m Watching
- Julie and I watched First they killed my father on Netflix. We both read the book and wanted to see this. Worth it.
- On the other hand, the third movie in Oliver Stone’s Vietnam trilogy Heaven and Earth was a waste of time. Book was OK, movie awful.
- We went to a free preview of Goodbye Christopher Robin and enjoyed it.
- Right now we are working our way through The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. I like how they take their time revealing what the true nature of this alternate reality is. Fun show.
What I’m Listening To
What I’m Contemplating