Whether you’ve never heard of it before or you’ve abandoned it for pastures new, here’s why you should be using RSS for your news instead of social media.
Yes! Choose your sources. Build your own balanced portfolio of inputs. Don’t let Google or Facebook decide for you.
What an amazing day they had – Army 4th quarter comeback vs Buffalo and together time after to tour campus
What I’m Contemplating
What I’m Playing
I had a great long weekend of gaming with Greg (and father-in-law David).
- San Juan – Played in a bar while watching the Army / Fordham football game. Always up for this.
- Jet Set – First time playing this game by a local designer. Good, light fun; close to Ticket to Ride in complexity.
- Viticulture – Probably my favorite Euro game of the past 5 years. Taught this to David and he seemed to enjoy it.
- Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles – David and I played this a year ago so it is officially an annual tradition.
- Custom Heroes – First play for me, wacky climbing card game where the cards morph throughout the game.
- Innovation – Two plays over the weekend. I like playing just the basic set.
- Isle of Trains – New game for me, didn’t like it much at the start but got better. You are building a train and completing delivery contracts.
What I’m Reading
What I’m Listening To
- Astral Weeks – I’m not sure why I wanted to listen to this again, but it has recently become my “focus music” for doing work. Van Morrison is my James Joyce, and I can even claim to get through the entire album.
- Mr. Misunderstood – I don’t know why I wanted to listen to this country album, but I did and liked it. And a double reference to Jeff Tweedy in the title track!
How I’m Optimizing