What I’m Reading
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow, the fun-to-read but very alarming sequel to Sapiens. Here’s what I learned:
- Intelligence is decoupling from consciousness
- Organisms are algorithms and life is data processing
- Non conscious algorithms are becoming more intelligent
- I’m using Adventures of an IT Leader for my information systems strategy and management class at WOU. Fun to read novel with good backing material supporting the narrative.
- Finished reading The 12 Week Year and it was very average. Here’s the summary: set goals on 12 week cycles, implement a weekly review and action system to drive progress towards those goals. Maintain a sense of urgency.
What I’m Playing
It was a week of light games with friends and family.