What I’m Reading
- I listened to about half of Six Armies in Normandy: From D-Day to the Liberation of Paris; June 6 – Aug. 5, 1944. I just don’t enjoy the pure historical recollection books as I do historical stories (fiction and non-fiction). I’m getting better at just moving on when something doesn’t engage me.
- Likewise, The First 90 Days, Updated and Expanded: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels looks to be a good book worth reading, but audio is not a great format. At least not without diligence in note taking and capturing some of the guidance. I might pick it up to use as a reference for my coaching and training.
What I’m Playing
Lots of gaming in the past week!
- I played Vietnam 1965–1975 with Allen and I think we got through the intro scenario with most of it played correctly. This game is good enough to keep exploring, maybe culminating in a full campaign game before too long.
- I played some lighter games like Liar’s Dice , Jump Drive, and Eye to Eye.
- I taught two new players how to play Pax Renaissance and we even started a second game. This game is not for everyone but I’m enjoying exploring it. And reading the card flavor text.
- My weekly Advanced Squad Leader playing continued this week with another run at tanks and guns and infantry with the Meat Grinder scenario.
What I’m Listening To
- First Listen: Tyler Childers, ‘Purgatory’ – This is available on Amazon Music Unlimited and is quite good.